Thursday 9 January 2014

My Third Dream

I dreamt about Ruby last night for only the third time since she died and it was crystal clear.
She was wearing her daily uniform of long-sleeved red T-shirt, blue jeans and pixie boots. She had short hair, having only recently cut it just before we last saw her, and she kept on resting her head on my chest. She was showing me round classrooms in her boarding school (we would never send her to a boarding school!) which was in a tropical forest and was showing me her class work with pride.
Then we climbed a huge tree together in which she lived. Then Claire appeared and she and I had to leave on a train. We didn't want to go but knew we had to leave Ruby there. Ruby was happy and courageous and didn't stop smiling a huge grin.
When I woke up I didn't want the dream to leave me and I cried like a child.
I can still feel her shoulders under my arms and her thick hair against my neck.



No comments:

Post a Comment