Sunday 7 February 2016

A quiet three weeks

After a wait of nearly three years we received the draft report from the education authority of their investigation into Rubys death at that outdoor activity centre hundreds of miles from home two years and nine months ago.
Their results forced us to relive an experience that I have found the most unpleasant of all the unpleasant experiences I have survived and the only one I force myself not to consider whenever it begins to enter my thoughts- the last 6 hours of Rubys life. 
I have been forced to contemplate the worst day of my life which includes reflecting on the actions of people around my dying daughter. 
So in the last three weeks I have found myself reading obsessively about new topics of interest, getting drunk with work colleagues for the first time ever, totally redesigning my running technique which will take months to develop, teaching myself all about 1950s Jazz from America's west coast and being side-tracked and over-involved in all manner of distractions. 
I have not had the motivation to write a word nor to do many other things. So I didn't. But I hope this will soon change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment