Monday 25 August 2014

Some things I have appreciated this week

Some things I have appreciated this week-

The breeze, the sea, the 10 mile bike ride into town, Belfast's industrial heritage, solar panels, good coffee, being healthy enough to jog for miles, Tom's laugh, the various shades of green outside the front room window, respect from a client who knows exactly how I feel and has been through worse than me, paternal skills as taught to me by Ruby, a bank holiday weekend, a decent snog, the sun, wasps, the power of a good film ("Blade Runner", directors cut), homemade bread, medication, insight, agronomy, the bedroom light against the wallpaper that looks like the moon through a forest, in-laws who trust Claire's choice of husband, making a bicycle with a friend, introspective silence, freedom of speech, very loud heavy metal, Schoenberg, my parents, the ability to read and having had a free education, that same cyclist every workday morning who nods and smiles, that first gin and tonic on a Friday night, nuzzling into Claire when I crumple, expertly crafted kitchen knives, the science of glass, ASIMO, the supercomputer that is a smartphone, cut wild flowers, soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment