Tuesday 16 September 2014

Poem

In Response to Camus

For others
For Claire
For Tom
For her
For the good to be done
For the repairs needed
For fun
For sensations
For her
But for her
For the smelliest cheese
For the strongest coffee
For the food I can't make
For her
For the homeless
For the sick
For the worse off
For the remote
For her
But for her
For money raised
For hearts repaired
For heartbeats raised
For the love I share
For her
For her
For her
To make my island a warmer place
To finish behind first in the human race
To be responsible for a smiling face
But for her.
I am not irreplaceable
And some things are irreparable
And some things are unknowable
Until I see her.

I once met a man who was put in line
With sixteen others and shot one at a time.
He is now not known
By anyone who knew him
But he wants life.
Against all odds I might see her sooner
If I don't wait until I'm old.

No comments:

Post a Comment