Sunday 4 October 2015

Brief moments of happiness this week

-Being entirely distracted by a tiny bird with one leg hoping and zig-zagging across the busy city pavement.
-The good ache after a long run
-Cycling downwind 
-Claire's half-asleep eyes in the morning
-Really great coffee
-Time to do nothing
-A successful presentation to people more skilled and trained than me
-A new recipe for vegetarian paella
-Making a beautiful working bicycle 
-Nuzzling the cats
-A friends' hand on my forearm when I cried
-Claire's hand on my knee when I'm driving
-Gutteral laughs at a stupid, uncynical just-plain-damn-funny joke
-My morning commute on the bike with good weather, a perfect path and beautiful scenery
-Lego with Tom
-A warm hug from a male friend that isn't insecurely tight (and no slapped backs)
-Homemade buns from conception to eating in 25 minutes
-Others' empathy
-A perfectly written rom com 
-Tardigrades 
-Receiving a telephone service from someone I can hear smiling
-The scientific miracle of modern medication (this week paracetamol, antibiotics, antidepressants and ibuprofen due to a nasty bug)
-Proper gin

No comments:

Post a Comment