Friday 16 October 2015

Someone I Miss, by Ruby's friend

This is an essay that Ruby's close friend, Poppy (13), wrote about her for her English class and agreed to let me put here. It crystallises the closeness of a personal story told through lovely innocent eyes. 



Someone I miss

Someone I miss is my best friend Ruby who died in 2013.

Ruby had dark brown hair that was a pixie cut. Her eyes were bright blue. She had a scar down her chest which she was a little embarrassed about but made her different because of the reason behind it. She was very tall and always teased me about being smaller than her. 

Ruby and I had so many memories together that it would be hard to write them all out, but these are some of my favourites. One of my favourites was sharing the same age for 2 months until she became a year older we had always looked forward to that.

I remember all of the Halloweens, Christmas’s we spent together but our summers together were definitely the best. I remember going on long walks with Ruby and her mum. On Halloween we always went trick or treating and dressed up. One of my favourite memories was when we found out that Ruby was expecting a baby brother we were so excited. I think I could really go on forever about all our memories there’s so many!!

Ruby was like my older sister, always there for me and would back me up with everything. She always helped me with my homework’s and told me to never give up with ballet.

I admire Ruby for her bravery because she would always give everything a go and never gave up. Ruby never cared what anyone thought of her and was always herself around everyone.

Ruby had a really good personality she was kind, funny, smart and creative. If anyone was ever upset she would always do her best to cheer them up.

 

We had always had our ups and downs but were best friends no matter what.

 

 

I miss ruby because of how close we were, when I lost her it was like loosing a brother or sister. There’s not a day where I don’t think about her or miss her. I didn’t really know how to feel when I heard what happened I was scared, confused, worried, sad and shocked. I was scared because I didn’t know what was going to happen.

I also miss ruby because of all the times, memories and fun we had together, I remember going to Barry’s and I was scared to go on the Big Dipper but she said it’ll be ok so I went on it and I was really nervous but Ruby said just hold my hand it’ll be so much fun, I ended up having a great time and wasn’t scared again, she helped me through so much.

Ill never forget any of the times we had together.

The last time we had together was really good, Claire, Ruby’s mum was taking us into town to get the rest of the stuff Ruby needed for her school trip and to get us lunch. We had a sleepover the night before and I remember it being one of the funniest nights ever. We had made pancakes that morning and made faces with them. In town there was a festival on and we spent hours watching the funny acts, our favourite was the ones with fire.

I remember driving home that evening blasting the music and singing at the top of our voices.

I never would have even tried to imagine that being our last car ride, day or time together I was forever expecting her home in 5 days’ time telling me all about her school trip to Scotland, she had been so excited about going and I couldn’t believe what had happened.

 

 

I was so lucky to have had her as my best friend, really lucky to have known her, been so close with her and having her in my life.

I’ll never forget her and I think of her every day. This is why I miss Ruby.

 

By Poppy 9P

1 comment:

  1. Extremely beautiful words Poppy, I bet Ruby misses you heaps as well. Your parents should be very proud of you.
    BC

    ReplyDelete